#GetCovered : 2020 Open Health Care Enrollment Info Nov. 26, 2019
The deadline for Open enrollment in NY State is extended to: Nov 1, 2019 through Jan 31, 2020 (The renewal deadline is Dec 15, 2019)
Enroll ONLINE – Visit www.healthcare.gov for English or https://cuidadodesalud.gov for Spanish.
Using Healthcare.gov to Enroll in Health Insurance – https://digitallearn.org/courses/using-healthcare-gov-to-enroll-in- health-insurance – 4 Activities, 18 minutes, Intermediate level.
FAQs about Enrolling in Health Insurance:
FAQs: Health Insurance Marketplace and the ACA provided by the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) Health Reform – https://www.kff.org/health-reform/faq/health-insurance- marketplace-aca/
Enroll BY PHONE -Call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY 1-855-889-4325) for free help in your language.
What You Need to #GetCovered
To enroll in a health insurance plan at HealthCare.gov, you’ll need:
- A Social Security card or Permanent Resident Card
- Proof of income, such as a W2, 1099 form or paystub, and your
employer’s address and phone number
- A list of your current doctors and medicines
- To create a Marketplace account
Why should I consider HealthCare.gov?
- Free preventive health care
- Coverage in case of an accident
- Lost job-based coverage or unemployed
- Coverage for new infant, adoption or foster care
- Recently moved and changing care provider
- Green card or immigration status change
- Change in marital status
- Self-employed, with no health plan
- Qualify for Medicare